Friday, April 3, 2009

Welcome to my painting blog! Yes, I realize I should post an actual picture of a painting if I am to have a painting blog, I'm working on that. I have found the best light to photograph a painting is outdoors. It has been stormy and rainy the last few days so I am waiting on the sunshine.

First of all, I want to thank Carole Foret for inspiring, encouraging and instructing me on starting this painting blog! Carole is an inspiration to me and my painting. I took her Creative Spirit workshop over the winter and if anyone reading this is close to Athens, AL this workshop is a must do. Please check out her website at www.caroleforet.com . Carole is not only a great artist, teacher, wife and mother but she also is the drummer for a Christian Band www.sistergracemusic.com ! Thank you, Carole, for helping me to realize painting is my gift from God and I should use it!

I am hoping to have the first picture of a painting posted by the end of the weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Karen,
    Thanks for your sweet comments. I am excited about painting-been along time. I miss the class too. Karen Smith came over and we painted tonight at my house. Maybe we can meet up soon. I have surgery planned May 29 so I will be painting alot soon. Email me sometime.
    apope9062@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete